Well it turns out that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
What an exciting thing to happen in my first month of blogging!
I have been nominated by one of my new blogger friends Abigail at Sweeter Gets the Journey. Go check out her lovely blog!
What is a Liebster Award?
to “Dearest.” The Liebster Award is given to
bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
whose blogs are deemed worthy of
more recognition. The guidelines
for the award are as follows:
* Link back to the blog that nominated you.
* Answer the 11 questions posed by the
blogger who nominated you.
* Reveal 11 facts about yourself.
* Pick 11 other deserving blogs that have fewer
than 200 followers and notify the authors that
they have been nominated for the award.
* Submit a list of 11 questions to the bloggers
you have chosen.
So, without further ado, here are my answers to the questions I have been asked!
1. Do you or have you ever played any musical instrument. If so what is it? If not, what would you like to play?
I don’t play any instruments. Fun fact: I have no rhythm whatsoever. I cannot find beats in songs and quite frankly, can’t even understand how you find them. My husband who plays the drums, guitar and piano finds this absurd. However, I would love to learn to play the piano if I could!
2. What makes you laugh out loud?
I laugh pretty easily. Sometimes at nothing at all. Years ago, before school turned me bitter, I would randomly have laughing fits in the middle of class and couldn’t control it!
3. Are you a morning or night person?
I am definitely a morning person. I can barely stay up past 10:00 PM and have never been able to sleep late in the day, even if I do stay up half the night. I like waking up early because I feel like I can get so much done when I do, and if I sleep in I feel like I am wasting the day.
4. What do you like to do in your free time?
Since I went so many years with hardly any free time because of work and school, I like to fill up my free time with as much activities as possible! I really like gardening.Which is sort of a new hobby for me since last spring was the first spring in my own house. I also like growing bonsai trees, playing with my cats, playing minecraft of skyrim, cleaning!! Going to thrift or antique stores, going shopping anywhere, especially garden stores 😉 But probably one of my favorite things to do is just wander around someplace and take photos.
5. How would you describe yourself?
I would describe myself as a simple girl who gets excited for just about anything, whether its a trip to Lowes home improvement, (Plants!!) Or a trip to the beach.
6. What would you do with a billion dollars?
I would buy a bunch of land somewhere just outside the city and build a lovely little modern house with giant windows and I would build equally lovely houses for my family. Then I would travel all over the world and finally, I would start a Turkish Angora cat rescue. 🙂
7. Why did you and what was your inspiration to start blogging?
I’ve always tried to keep journals, but after a few entries I would give up or forget about it. I have plenty of journals laying around that are barely a quarter of the way filled! I’ve always loved taking photos and use them to keep track of what I’ve been up to, but I never really had a good way to present them. Finally I realized that blogging would be a great way to pair those two things together and most importantly, would be fun and keep me inspired to continue it.
8. What is one of your pet peeves?
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
I would love to visit many places! But I suppose if I had to choose one, my first choice would be the UK. I would love to wander around the countryside, check out the pubs and explore the cities. Plus I wouldn’t want to travel anyplace where I couldn’t speak the language at least a little bit. So an English speaking country would take a lot less preparation then the others I want to visit one day. Haha
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Nutella. Oh my gosh I cannot control myself around that stuff. I will eat the entire jar. And then lay on the floor and regret my life.
11. If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?
I would like question # 6 to come true 😉
11 Facts about myself:
1) I love nature! I could spend all day outside. Exploring, taking pictures, gardening.
2) I was homeschooled
3) When I was little I used to draw the periodic table of elements for fun.
4) I’ve always liked weather, and documenting things. When I was little I used to cut out the weather forecast in the paper every week and keep them in a folder to compare them.
5) I love learning the history of my city. I own many books with old pictures and stories from my city’s history.
6) I love astronomy. I’ve never studied it formally but I love reading books, watching documentaries and staring up at the night sky with my constellation map.
7) I took a dance class for 7 years, that taught ballet, tap, jazz baton and gymnastics. I love ballet the best and for a while I dreamed of being a professional ballerina. However, I decided that at 17 and had not had near enough training, plus I don’t think my body could handle it. I get injured so easily!
8) One day I hope to be fluent in french. I have been studying it on and off since I was a little girl. Then I would like to learn another language but haven’t decided what that will be yet.
9) I am a vegetarian.
10) I used to hate summer. Everything about it. But in the last few years something changed, and now I look forward to it. Especially right now when it’s been freezing for the last three months.
11) I love wearing dresses and skirts. I would wear them every day if I could!
Here are my blog nominations!
Michelle (My mom!)- How cute is that?
Danielle- Condensed Starstuff
Katie- Alaskan Weredork
Marie- Marie Darling
Alexandra- The Only Girl Living in NY
Gracie- Oh Gracie Pie
Shannon- Leaves and Flours
Caitlin Honey Mansions
Lucy- The Carnabetian Army
Here are my questions for the bloggers I’ve listed:
1) What are your hobbies?
2) What inspired you to start blogging?
3) If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4) What is something that always makes you happy?
5) What would you do if you won the lottery?
6) What is something you could eat every day for the rest of your life?
7) Do you prefer living in the city or country (or somewhere in between!) and why?
8) What is your dream vacation?
9) What is your favorite decade or era from the past?
10) What is something you like to collect?
11) What is your favorite time of year?
Thanks again Abigail for nominating me! I hope everyone enjoyed reading my post and I look forward to reading everyone else’s.
Very well done, my darling! You have such an interesting voice, practical, charming and real. You describe yourself as simple but I'd like to add simply wonderful! I know lots of people will want to follow you. You're always an inspiration! xo
Great answers! I really enjoyed reading them. I'm a homeschooled-morning person-astronomy lover too! Will have to look at the blogs you're nominating.
Have a great day 🙂
Hah! Have so much in common! 😀
I loved reading your answers! You sound like a super cool person. Isn't astronomy amazing? I can't help but pull up an astronomy documentary every time I fold laundry lol. I can also relate with having laughing fits. Sometimes those things are “unsolved mysteries” when you try to analyze the origins. The UK sounds like a relaxing place to visit, I heard from a friend that went there that they are a little more laid back than Americans are (WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!!?!). I think it's funny that you used to not like summer. I saw your post about how snow days are not the usual, and as I look out the window all I see is ice and snow. I can't wait for summer.
As for my answers, I won't be able to answer them in a post until next week! I've got some scholarship applications due this week and I need to get those done first! (Ahhhh paperwork…)
Thanks again for nominating me!
Thanks so much! You sound like a cool person too, I can't wait to read your answers! I totally understand, it took me a while to get all of this filled out. Haha. I've never known anyone who's been to England but from what I've seen in movies it does look pretty laid back. 😉 Good luck on those scholarship applications! 🙂
Congratulations on receiving the Liebster Blog Award, you are very deserving of it I believe – I'm glad I found your blog! It was really interesting to read your answers and the eleven facts about yourself. I always love finding out little things like that about a person. I think it is those things that make us who we are. And thanks again for nominating me, I'm thrilled! I will be making a post with my answers soon. Take care!